Well it is for sure fall here now. All the leaves are falling, pumpkins are on everyone's doorsteps, and apple cider is in the stores. This morning Little Man and I decided to make some pumpkin pancakes and were they delicious. Here is the recipe we followed:Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, pumpkin, butter and egg in a separate bowl. Fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Then we put the batter in our new fun pancake creator and made some pancakes.
Little Man ate a good amount of the pancakes (which is a huge accomplishment for him. He doesn't eat much!)