loving life with the little man and an elephant

Friday, January 4, 2013

Cardtable Playhouse

I found a pattern for a cardtable playhouse at Hobby Lobby and decided I wanted to make one for our niece and nephews for Christmas. Let's just say I didn't know what I was getting myself in to. It was a lot fun finding ideas but it was a lot of work. I started by putting embellishments on each side. Then I sewed the sides together and I ended up hot gluing the roof on for fear of ruining it if I sewed it.
Here is what the outside looks like:
 Envelopes and letters to put through the mail slot on the front.
 A bush that has interchangeable pieces with velcro on them.

 A tree with interchangeable pieces.
 I fence that also had a pumpkin and basket of apples you could put in place of the snowman.

Here is what the inside looked like:

 A fireplace with their picture above. The fire and wood were velcro also.
 The kitchen with play food.




And last a bedroom.
One night when this project was extra difficult my husband asked me when I was going to make one for Little Man. Let's just say it wasn't funny at the time. I am starting to come around to the idea. I think if I do make one I will make it to fit our kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment