loving life with the little man and an elephant

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chicken and Shrimp Stir Fry

I found a recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks and realized that it called for saffron. Saffron is something I do not have in my spices and it is very expensive. So I decided to make up my own recipe with the ingredients and it turned out great. 

Chicken and Shrimp Stir-Fry
1 lb chicken, cut into small chunks
1 small package of small shrimp with no tails
1 can chicken broth
2 tsp Mrs. Dash Chipotle Lime seasoning
1 tsp Creole seasoning
2 cups brown rice
2 cups water
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 cup frozen green peas

Cook chicken and shrimp in pan until chicken is browned. Meanwhile prepare brown rice according to instructions on package.Add enough chicken broth to chicken and shrimp to give it a nice glaze. Add Chipotle Lime seasoning to chicken and shrimp. Turn down heat on chicken and shrimp. Once rice is finished put it in the pan with chicken and shrimp. Mix in remaining seasonings and peas. Add chicken broth as needed so that the dish is not dry. Dish is ready once peas are heated thoroughly. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonnique! I was so excited to see I had another follower! Ha! As you can tell I am very new at this. I would be so happy to add this to your party. Another great party to follow on Thursdays. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete