loving life with the little man and an elephant

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chili Spaghetti

This is one of our all time favorite recipes. I cannot take credit for it though. This is actually my mother in law's recipe. It is great for when there is a big crowd!! 
It was a very snowy day outside and our wonderful neighbors were coming over so I thought it was the perfect dish to make!!

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 onion
1 tablespoon garlic
1-28 ounce can tomatoes
1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
1- 6ounce can tomato paste
4 cubes beef bullion
1 tablespoon Chili powder
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
1 large can tomato juice
Spaghetti 
Cornbread
Sour Cream (optional)
Shredded Cheese


I first coarsely chop the onion.
Put the tomatoes and onion in the blender to puree it. 

Brown the meat. And add everything except the tomato juice, spaghetti, cornbread, and sour cream to the crockpot. 
I then add enough tomato juice to make it more runny. I leave it in the crockpot all day and check on it occasionally and add more tomato juice if needed. 
I make cornbread muffins right before and we crumble cornbread on top, put a little cheese and sour cream on top. Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment