loving life with the little man and an elephant

Monday, January 28, 2013

Height Chart

Little Man is growing faster than ever and we needed a good way to keep track of his height. I wanted a height chart that we could take with us in case we moved. This one was so simple to make and it looks great in his playroom. 
I started by cutting a piece of broadcloth a little longer than 5 feet. Then I used a tape measure and hot glued a piece of black yarn at each foot interval. I also put a smaller piece of black yarn at each half foot interval. Then I cut numbers our of black felt and placed them appropriately. Last I hot glued the bunting on with a piece of black yarn and multi-colored felt triangles. To hang it I made a pocket at the top and put a dowel rod through it. I tied a ribbon to each side of the dowel rod to hang from.

No comments:

Post a Comment