loving life with the little man and an elephant

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mother Goose Time Bonus Day- St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Mother Goose Time provides bonus days with each box. This month one of the bonus days was bout St. Patrick's Day. We started our day at circle time talking about what we knew about St. Patrick's Day. We then played I Spy something green with this rhyme:

I spy something green in this St. Patty's Day. 
Mason, it's your turn to guess, if you may.

They had fun finding different green things throughout the room.

We then read the book The Luckiest St. Patrick's Day Ever!
Our first activity was Rainbow Painting. I realized while getting ready for this day that we did not have watercolors. So I had to improvise from Mother Goose Time's activities. We talked about what colors we see in the rainbow. We then went around the house and looked for the colors of the rainbow. I then gave the kids an outline of a rainbow and they were able to color it the colors they wanted.

 Our next activity was called How Many?. I showed Mason a container of coins. I asked him how many coins does he think are in the container. We then talked about what each coin was called. I asked Mason which coin he thought we had the most of. He then sorted them out and we figured out we had the most pennies. 





Our last activity for the day was Hunt for Gold. We talked about if we had gold where would be hide it. We talked about how leprechauns hide their gold but it is marked by a rainbow. We then searched around the house to find places to hide gold. I then hid some paper coins and the kids came in and found them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment