loving life with the little man and an elephant

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mother Goose Time Ocean Commotion- Week 3

This weekend we went to visit family for the kids' birthdays. One of the birthday presents they received is a great addition to our Mother Goose Time Circle Time. We got a Tornado bubble machine. During our beginning circle time I put the bubbles on and the kids dance and pop bubbles.


After listening to a few songs on the Circle Time CD we started our calendar time. The kids are getting good at calendar time. Each time we do calendar we also review our letters and numbers of the month. 
Our first activity for the week was from Mother Goose Time's Experience God curriculum. We are still talking about the story of Jonah and the Whale. Today the kids colored the second picture in the series and I read the part of the story where Jonah was swallowed by the whale. 
Our next activity was from day 7:Octopus. We talked about why an octopus has so many arms. We talked about how their legs are used to walk, jump, grab, pull, and push. The kids then put the circle stickers on their windsocks and colored the rest. I then helped the kids put eyes on their octopus. Mason worked on his cutting skills and cut the legs of his octopus. I cut the others' octopus legs. 




We then talked about which sea creatures we would like to see. I then read the I Can Read book to the kids. They caught on quickly to the pattern. They then "read" their own book to me. 




Our last activity for the day was called Ocean Patterns. We talked about how dolphins and other ocean animals move. We then looked at the pattern guide and cards. We said the name of the animals out loud and put the appropriate cards in order. We then made our own patterns.

At the end of the day I put our reusable items in a bucket on top of our cart so the kids can go back to them if they would like. 
"I received curriculum from Mother Goose Time for honest and authentic stories resulting from my daily experiences in using the curriculum. I applied to be an official Mother Goose Time blogger and will continue to share my experiences throughout the 2014/15 school year."

1 comment:

  1. I really like your workbox set up. I just set up a binder with the things we use daily in the front pocket and some other odds and ends in sheet protectors. Like a schedule/check off sheet to make sure I cover all the bases each day. I have the same 12 drawer set and I am trying to figure out how to use it best. Right now they each have a drawer that I put their things in and the rest have our other teaching supplies. Hmm. . . you've got my wheels turning.

    ReplyDelete