loving life with the little man and an elephant

Friday, September 12, 2014

My Amazing Body- Hear

Week 2 of Mother Goose Time's "My Amazing Body" unit is about your five senses. The first sense we talked about was our sense of hearing. During Circle Time I asked Mason what we use to help us hear and listen and he answered "Your ears!" (As the week has gone on he has said silly things like "We use our eyes to smell." and "We use our ears to taste.") 

The first activity we did was called Bowl Band. We talked about that airplanes make loud sounds and bees make quiet sounds. Then we worked together to stretch our rubber bands over our bowls and I showed the kids how we can make sounds by plucking the rubber bands and also by taping our spoons on the base. Hailey showed us another way of making sound with our bowls by talking into them. 


I wanted to take an opportunity to show a few additions to our play/learning area. I felt like there were a lot of materials provided by Mother Goose Time that I might want to go back to throughout the unit. So I have been putting reusable games and projects in plastic bags and putting them in a container on a table that the kids can easily reach.
I also used one of our bookshelves to house books I got from the library that relate to the unit. It was easy to find these books at the library with the book list provided by Mother Goose Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment