loving life with the little man and an elephant

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mother Goose Time's "It's a Small World" Book List


Mother Goose Time's February curriculum is called "It's a Small World". I think a great way for other places to come alive to children is through books. Luckily Mother Goose Time provides a great book list to go along with each of their units. Here are the books they have suggested for "It's a Small World".

Week 1: What do I need to pack in my suitcase?

 Silly Milly and the Mysterious Suitcase by Wendy Cheyette Lewison
Me on the Map by Joan Sweeney
Airplanes: Soaring! Diving! Turning! by Patricia Hubbell
Click: A Book About Camera and Taking Pictures by Gail Gibbons
One Cent, Two Cents, Old Cent, New Cent: All About Money by Bonnie Worth

 Week 2: What might I find at a world market?
Behind the Mask by Yangsook Choi
Chinese Lanterns by Kristi Gerner
The Magic Carpet Ride by Jerry Smath, Jennifer A Dussling, and Brenda Jackson
The Drum: A Folktale from India by Rob Cleveland
The Emperor and the Kite by Jane Yolen

Week 3: What are the natural world wonders?
The Grand Canyon (Wonders of America) by Marion Dane Bauer
Over in Australia: Amazing Animals Down Under by Marianne Berkes
One Step at a Time by Suzy Liebermann
Wangari's Trees of Peace: A True Story from Africa by Jeanette Winter
Sequoia by Tony Johnson

Week 4:What are some man-made world wonders?
Mummies, Pyramids, and Pharaohs: A Book About Ancient Egypt by Gail Gibbons
Chrisy Bear Goes to Peru by Isela Archenti
I Wish I Had Visited Saint Basil's Cathedral by Dan Jackson
Maya's World: Angelina of Italy by Maya Angelou
Kindergarten Day USA and China by Trish Marx and Ellen B. Senisi
Week 1: What do I need to pack in my suitcase?
Week 1: What do I need to pack in my suitcase?

No comments:

Post a Comment